Urban Drainage and Flood Control District has engaged Enginuity to provide a Major Drainageway Planning Study and Flood Hazard Area Delineation (FHAD) for SJCD (N), SJCD (S) North Tributary and DFA 6100.5 and within the UDFCD, Jefferson County, and Southeast Metro Stormwater Authority Boundaries. The purpose of this study to analyze the existing and future floodplain delineation, assess stream erosion and deposition, and develop a series of alternatives and plans that will maintain the ecological health of the reach and also address flooding and erosion concerns. This project will,
- Provide updated hydrologic analysis (peak runoff estimates for a variety of rainfall events);
- Assess drainage conditions within the drainage basin;
- Develop alternate drainageway planning concepts to mitigate flood damages;
- Provide stabilized alternatives for SJCD (North) and SJCD (South) and adjacent Direct Outfalls;
- Address environmental and public safety concerns;
- Prepare a preliminary design of an alternative selected by the sponsors and UDFCD;
- Define the water surface profile and flood boundaries for the 2, 5, 10, 25, 50, and 100-year return periods.